You know I love a good plate wall.
So what’s better than being able to create your own plate wall in any pattern and color you desire?
DIY Paisley Plate Wall
1) Buy cheap plates from the dollar store
2) Play around until you find the perfect arrangement
3) Stick self adhesive stencil to the plate (I used Martha Stewart Crafts paisley stencils)
4) Use a pouncer to apply paint and remove stencil immediately
5) Hang your masterpiece and stand back to admire it
Note: Use whatever colors you love – I used 3 Martha Stewart Crafts paints: Spring Pasture, Indigo and Pool (contains some affiliate links)
I love these invisible plate hangers and use them but since I didn’t have any on hand, I whipped up my own version with just 3 simple things.
DIY Invisible Plate Hangers
1) Cut two circles of felt for each plate
2) Stick first felt circle to back of plate with a super glue (I used E-6000)
3) Place large paper clip so that the loop is above the lip of the back of the plate (see picture) and glue on with E-6000
4) Put more glue on the entire surface of the piece of felt and attach second piece of felt on top (sandwiching the paper clip between the two pieces of felt)
5) Let dry overnight and hang with a picture hanger
Note: Don’t do this on valuable plates or hang over beds!
Today is the last day to enter to win your own paisley stencils & paints here. And if you want to laugh hysterically, read the comments!
Thrilled to be part of 12 Months of Martha – where I create something fabulous every month.
Want Eclectically Vintage delivered right to your inbox?
Just enter your e-mail in the box below!