One of my twins is named Vanessa, which means butterfly.
My girls are 13 now but thankfully still love being tucked into bed. Every night, Vanessa asks for a “mystery doll” and I rummage through her huge basket of stuffed animals and pull out a long forgotten one. She puts her head under the covers, reaches her hands out and I let her touch a small part of the doll. Whether it’s an ear or a tail or a toe, she guesses correctly 99% of the time and we always crack up!
My girls are the funniest people I know!
3-D Dream Art
1) Spray paint cork board (I used black so the butterflies would pop)
2) Draw your word or design in chalk (I chose Dream)
3) Punch 2 types of butterflies from double sided scrapbook paper using Martha Stewart Crafts Layering Paper Punch (this one punch can make both solid and patterned shapes)!
4) Score each butterfly down the middle using Martha Stewart Crafts Mini Scoring Board
5) Hot glue each butterfly onto the tip of a ball point pin
6) Stick butterfly pin into cork board using your chalked word as a guide
My other daughter’s name, Olivia, means peace. I’ll have to get working on a peace sign for her!
Martha Stewart Crafts Giveaway
Win a Paper Pad and a Wildflower Layering Punch from Martha Stewart Crafts.
3 chances to win for each thing you do (leave a separate comment for each)
1) Leave a comment telling me what you would name our sock monkey
2) Follow Eclectically Vintage on Pinterest
3) Pin this image
(I will be giving away Martha swag monthly – so be sure to subscribe to my email updates so you don’t miss a thing!)
Thrilled to be part of 12 Months of Martha – where I create something fabulous every month.
Mumbo Jumbo: Contest ends 5/3/13. Winner will be chosen by Random.org and notified by email. If winner does not respond within three days, another winner will be chosen. Martha Stewart Living will mail the winner one 12″x12″ scrapbook pad and one wildflower layering punch (may vary or substituted if no longer available). Mailed within the continental U.S. only.
Martha gave me this booty but all opinions are my own – see my full disclosure policy here.
Want Eclectically Vintage delivered right to your inbox?
Just enter your e-mail in the box below!