Cape Cod Escape & My Trip to the ER

Cape Cod vacation escape eclecticallyvintage.com

It started with a bang and ended with a thud.

If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen some of my pics from our family trip to Cape Cod which was amazing (it was also painful but more on that later).

Cape Cod fishing boats eclecticallyvintage.com

Beautiful beaches, charming towns, bustling main streets, cedar shake cottages and hydrangeas everywhere you turn.

Lots of swimming, sunning, biking, barbecuing, ice cream eating and even a mini golf throw down.

Everything a summer vacation should be.

Cape Cod beach eclecticallyvintage.com

Creating family memories that will last a lifetime.

Beach sunset on Cape Cod eclecticallyvintage.com

Cape Cod seals - see them at the Chatham fish pier eclecticallyvintage.com
Cape Cod church in Chatham - charming little town eclecticallyvintage.com

Ducks in a row eclecticallyvintage.com
Lobster chair eclecticallyvintage.com
Shaved ice eclecticallyvintage.com

Until we meet again Cape Cod.

Welcome to Cape Cod eclecticallyvintage.com

Oh, the thud was me tumbling down our rental house basement stairs, then ambulance sirens blaring as they rushed me to the ER.

Diagnosis: fractured wrist that will require surgery (as I sit typing this with one hand).

But who’s gonna let a little a little thing like that ruin a vacation!

Want Eclectically Vintage delivered right to your inbox?
Just enter your e-mail in the box below!

Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

1. Kelly, so sorry to hear about your fall! I will keep you in my prayers! I’ve always wanted to take a trip along the New England coast. I just can’t seem to give up Florida to do it! Rest and be blessed!

2. Kelly I am so sorry about your fall!! I’m glad you aren’t letting it ruin vacation.

3. Rose Heath says:

Kelly, It sounds like a great trip….to Cape Cod, not down the stairs. Sorry for your injury, and that it will require surgery! There’s never a good time for things like that, but you’ll come through with flying colors. I always enjoy your “creative-ness”.

4. such a gorgeous place- you know i love me some new england! :) so sorry about your wrist. :( and i was at work all weekend so will be emailing you back today! :)

5. I am so jealous of everything but the fall. Those lobster adirondacks, that window of duckies. Awesome! The thud, not so awesome! When’s the surgery?

6. Oh, no!! So sorry about your mishap. Glad it wasn’t much worse!

7. Oh no!!!…surgery?!…with falling down the stairs, I guess it could have been much worse…take care Kelly!!…but glad your vacation started out well….love those lobster chairs!

8. No way!! You poor thing!! You and Sarah Grey can relate to one another, I’m sure.

9. Ouch. So sorry….but I’m glad you got to enjoy Cape Cod!

10. Margaret says:

So sorry to hear about your wrist and upcoming surgery.

11. Sounded like the perfect trip right until the tumble! Sorry to hear that, I’m sending get well wishes your way!

12. Guerrina says:

I love the Cape! Great place to destress so I think you should recover there after surgery :)

13. Pat schwab says:

Sorry to hear about you fractured wrist. Positive thoughts coming your way!

14. Sheila Moore says:

Sorry about your fall. Hope the surgery goes well and you heal quickly. Loved all your pictures esp…All your ducks in a row…lol…too cute.

15. suzanne hahn says:

So sorry to hear of the fall. Hope you recover soon.
    Pictures were great!
    Cape Cod is always beautiful!

16. Oh no! I saw your FB question asking about an ortho surgeon and was worried! Yikes! Feel better soon. At least you can hold a wine glass with one hand. ;) xoxo

17. Oh no! So sorry your beautiful vacation ended with a fractured wrist. That sounds painful. Thinking of you and hoping you heal quickly.

18. You were in my neck of the woods!!! Sorry about the bad ending to your Cape Cod stay but I’m glad you enjoyed yourself otherwise. My summers are not complete until a stay at the Cape! I hope your surgery goes well and you are back to two handed typing soon!

19. I can’t believe your rental had a basement, so few homes on the cape do. I’m recovering from pulled tendons in my right wrist down to my elbow and additional damage in my right thumb. Listen & do what your therapist tells you and get an occupational therapist not a physical therapist. Occupational ones specialize in hands/wrists you may have to drive a bit further to appts, but so worth for in the end! Feel better!

20. I’m so sorry to hear about your wrist! Take care of yourself.
    Leslie

21. Oh no!!! Feel better….Hope to see/hear more about your trip. I would love to visit there !!!!!

22. Gosh girl, I am so sorry to hear that. Hope you recoup fast! Your trip looked amazing though.