I painted and planted …
in the rain.
Talk about a bad hair day!
All to get ready for our The Great Outdoors link party on Tuesday.
Remember my $6 Thrift Shop Dresser Score?
Well, she got a makeover – lip gloss, spanx and a shiny new tiara.
She’s even wearing her favorite Behr Peacock Blue dress …
and a chalkboard bird brooch.
Want one of your own?
* Clean the dresser with TSP (thanks for the tip, Karen from Redoux)
* 2 coats of outdoor paint (I used Peacock Blue – Behr)
* Line drawers with plastic garbage bags using painters tape
* Punch a few holes thru the garbage bags and bottom of drawers for drainage.
* Put something heavy in the backs of the drawers (I used 3 bricks in each) so the drawers don’t tilt down.
* Fill with dirt and plant away.
Her bustier is filled with herbs and her swing skirt with geraniums.
Want to see what my 4 co-hosts of The Great Outdoors link party are up to?
And Andrea of The Cottage Market.
Update: Here’s what she looks like all filled in!
DIY Showoff, Southern Hospitality, Between Naps on the Porch
A Stroll thru Life, Get Outta My Head Please, Home Stories A to Z
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Knick of Time, Savvy Southern Style
Uncommon, Amanda Carol at Home, The 36th Avenue
No Minimalist Here, House of Hepworths, Redoux,
At the Picket Fence, French Country Cottage, Stuff & Nonsense
Common Ground, Bungalow, From My Front Porch to Yours
Not Just a Housewife, Primitive & Proper, 52 Mantels
I Gotta Create, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Vintage Farmhouse
Miss Mustard Seed, The Stuff of Success, Fireflies & Jellybeans
Remodelaholic, Not Just a Housewife, One Project Closer
Want Eclectically Vintage delivered right to your inbox?
Just enter your e-mail in the box below!