By the end of the day, we usually have a dozen dirty glasses lined up on the counter …
but there are only four people in my family.
Where are these glasses coming from?
They multiply like rabbits when I turn my back to put away the Reese’s Puffs.
I am rebelling against my dishpan hands and creating a simple solution to this serious problem.
Yes, one for every member of the family.
Talk about a cinch.
* Apply large initial (for the last name) self-adhesive stencil (I used Martha Stewart for Plaid)
* Apply glass paint with a paint brush (I used Martha Stewart for Plaid – Obsideon Glitter)
* Peel off stencil while paint is still wet
* Let dry completely (I waited one day)
* Apply smaller initials (first name first and middle name last)
* Repeat painting process and remove stencils
* Let “cure” before using (follow paint directions for curing times)
- I did this over two days so I could get my initials closer together.
- Make sure to rinse paint from stencils and dry before reusing (learned my lesson the hard way)!
Know of someone who wants to adopt all of my extra glasses …
we won’t be needing them anymore.
Check out more of my simple project ideas.
Common Ground, The Charm of Home, Craftberry Bush
Jennifer Rizzo, My Romantic Home, Funky Junk Interiors
DIY Showoff, Twigg Studios, Between Naps on the Porch
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Fox Hollow Cottage
Want Eclectically Vintage delivered right to your inbox?
Just enter your e-mail in the box below!