Remember when I met Martha Stewart?
Our eyes met across the crowded room and I could have sworn she mouthed, “call me”!
Seems her number is unlisted so imagine my delight when I received this box full of Martha Stewart Crafts supplies so I could whip up some DIY Halloween decorations.
But what to create that’s Martha-worthy?
This will surely make her skin crawl.
Make a Swarming Spider Tablecloth
1) Wash a dropcloth (mine is 6′ x 9′)
2) Spread it on your table
(put a brown paper grocery bag under each section as you stencil to protect your table)
3) Simply stick the self-adhesive Martha Stewart Crafts spider stencil onto the drop cloth
4) I used a small Martha Stewart paint brush and applied Beetle Black Multi-Purpose Satin paint in a pouncing motion
5) Remove stencil and repeat, and repeat, and repeat … until you have a swarm!
Tip: rinse stencil after every 30-40 spiders and dry on old dish cloth (not paper towel – too much lint)
I couldn’t stop there.
I was married on Friday the 13th so I consider it a lucky number (most days anyway)!
A couple of self-adhesive stencils and red glass paint made it simple to whip up these wine glasses.
Make an Unlucky 13 Wine Glass
1) Wash and dry glasses (from dollar store)
2) Apply self-adhesive Martha Stewart Crafts number stencils
3) Brush on Martha Stewart Habanero Frost glass paint with a small paint brush
4) Remove stencils while paint is still wet
5) Pour a glass of red wine and don’t walk under any ladders
Thanks Plaid for sending me this ginormous box of Martha Stewart Crafts goodies!
Is your skin crawling yet?
Like this? Then you’ll love my Arachnophobia Wreath!
I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with Martha Stewart Crafts by Plaid and Blueprint Social however the opinions expressed are my own.
Want Eclectically Vintage delivered right to your inbox?
Just enter your e-mail in the box below!